Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Eyes: Windows to our Souls

Matthew 6:22 The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light

For beautiful eyes look for the good in others.  Audrey Hepburn. 

The eyes: The windows to our souls.  What do your eyes reflect?


Bold eye makeup is super hot trend. Here are a few of my favorites: 






For a casual everyday look, or of you are not into all the bright colors or heavy eye makeup, You could just coat your lashes with mascara.  This is my FAVORITE look on myself! I love to go free of all other makeups, so my face can breathe, and just wear mascara (as seen left).  Or for a night out I will just pair this simple eye with a bold lip.  I use Cover Girl  Lash Blast Volume mascara (waterproof) in very black.  I do 2-3 coats.  

Just apply a few coats of mascara and red lipstick to look great in just seconds!









The most popular bold eye makeup trend clients ask for is the smokey eye.  I have a couple examples pictured here of a black/charcoal smokey eye-one using white as the highlighter and the other gold.  When doing a smokey eye, you want to first cover the entire lid and inner corner with the highlight color.  then use your dark color, black here, to cover the lid.  You want the light color, or highlighter, to surround because it helps to open your eye up and really make them "pop".  This is a look that works with any eye color.   






Me on my wedding day
 Here are three    examples of a purple smokey eye, and this is the look I chose for my very own wedding day. Colors other than neutrals and naturals are really taking center stage right now, and this is a way to still go for that smoldering smokey eye while adding a little twist.  Any eye color can try the purple smokey eye, but the best results are usually on brown and green eye colors. The purple compliments these eye colors really helping them to stand out. When wearing a smokey eye I would suggest to use either a silver or a light shimmery pink/purple as the highlight color.  Or maybe using the pink/purple on the upper lid and brow bone, and silver in the corners and on the lower lash line to make eyes stand out.  











   
















The bronze, brown, copper smokey eye is one of my favorites.  It is a look that is more natural, and when you wear it you look sun-kissed.  You can use a white, ivory, copper or gold highlighter with a brown shadow.  This is also a look that works for any eye color but works best with blues, grays and hazel eye colors.   



















Colors are popping up everywhere! Rainbow eye makeup is a new and exciting trend to rock if you be so bold.  You can mix and match different colors and shades, or wear super bright colors.  Bright blues, aquas, yellows, purples, pinks, and even orange!!  








 A more subtle way to rock the rainbow trend is to try a colored liner











Shimmer and glitter on the lids is a great way to make an eye popping statement.  



















4 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I really like doing new things with my eyes and really are looking forward to trying some of these new ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this! Let me know how it works out!! =]

      Delete
  2. I love all the pictures you included, I can see you took time for this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete