Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peace after Patience

Today I am struggling a little with being patient.  Is this something you ever find your self struggling with?  Feeling in content?  Let us find peace through God's word...   

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.


2 Corinthians 12:12 The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Romans 2:6-7 He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life…

I have heard it said that you should never pray for patience, because when you do, God is sure to give you something to try your patience, or to be patient for.  Pray that God will help you to utilize the patience he has already given you.  We are all created in the image of the Father.  Therefore, we are all born able to be patient, to love, to trust, to serve.  We just need Jesus to help us put these things into motion.

 “Cast not away your confidence because God defers his performances. That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. God will work when he pleases, how he pleases, and by what means he pleases. He is not bound to keep our time, but he will perform his word, honor our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him.” ~ Matthew Henry


Why are we impatient?? It's because we are lacking trust in our God. If we trust in the Lord he will provide us the peace that gives us patience.  Are you putting your faith and trust in the Lord? Some people seem to trust God with their eternal salvation, but they have trouble trusting Him for their every-day life. 

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

May it give you peace to know and trust that our Father DOES have a plan for you.  You are unique and beautiful to Him.  If you seek Him, you will find Him, and He will show you the path He has made straight for you.  He will not lead you astray.  My prayer today is for peace after patience.  

Philippians 4:6-7  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.



No comments:

Post a Comment