Monday, July 30, 2012

Weddings, Marriage and Love


Gen. 2:18, 21-24 The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.  And while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman, for she was taken out of man.  For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. 
Here we see the first wedding. We can conclude from this account in Genesis that marriage is God's idea, designed and instituted by the Creator. In these verses we also discover that at the heart of God's design for marriage is companionship and intimacy.

Song of Solomon 6:3 
I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.
Song of Solomon 8:6-7 Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 
It is summer, and that means it is wedding season!!! This is one of my favorite times of year; as I am in love with love!  The Bible is full of great verses and passages about the topic of love.  God’s love for us is a perfect example and starting place to study on love. There are also great verses about love in relation to marriage, brotherly love or friendship, and loving your neighbor. What is your favorite love Bible verse?
One of my girlfriends from high school married her husband on the 20th of July, and I had the honor of doing her hair and makeup for her special day! She was just absolutely stunning-the ceremony was so beautiful and heart felt.  I have included some pictures of her during the "getting ready" process.
Before Makeup


One of the biggest trends I have been seeing lately are braids incorporated into the updos.  Now this may sound corny, but one of the things I LOVE about this trend, besides the fact that it's super fun and feminine, is that a braid is made up of three strands intertwined into one.  I remember at my wedding the pastor speaking of how marriage is composed of three chords; husband, wife, and The holy spirit.  How perfect is that?  As long as God is present with in a marriage, in both the hearts of man and wife, your marriage will be able to withstand ANY storm.  Now Im not saying you will not face temptations                                                      and trials; you WILL.  But A marriage built on the rock will be harder to break.
I also am seeing a lot more updos that fall to one side, and a lot of wedding styles that showcase length.  Most of the brides that I have been working with have even been wearing hair extensions for their big day to help show case that length.  Lots of loose curls and styles with lots of volume.  Hairpieces like Heidi's flower, headbands and hairpins are becoming much more popular in the modern wedding and I am not seeing as many brides wearing veils.  
As far as makeup goes, it seems the bolder the better.  This is a great theory I believe because as a bride you   need to remember that your makeup will not show up as heavy on your pictures.  On Heidi I did a smokey eye and  a frosted lip.  Most brides I have been working with have also been wearing eyelash extensions to achieve a bolder eye.  There are a few different options when applying eyelashes to achieve a person's individual need and preference.  There are individual eyelashes, which help give a more natural look and are a little more durable, and there are strips which give a very full, edgier look.  Both types also come in many different lengths.  

Final touches on makeup



  Wedding day Tip:  Remember to apply (or have your stylist apply) a primer to your face, neck and declite prior to putting on your makeup. Once makeup is applied use a setting spray to set your makeup so that everything stays "smudge free" on your big day.  I recommend using Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist spray.  All you need to do is hold bottle about a foot away from your face and mist lightly.  Have a small clutch along, maybe give to maid of honor or personal attendant to hold, containing extra bobby pins, and small hair spray and gloss just in case they are needed.  

If you are a bride-to-be and are interested in having me as your stylist, please send me an e-mail at quianarose@gmail.com.  I can show you more of my work and we can discuss rates.  

Tomorrow learn how to choose the right updo/formal style for YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment