Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cute Ways To Style and Wear Short Hair

I have a shorter, asymmetrical inverted bob, and a lot of times people/clients ask me, as a stylist, do you get bored with your hair that short? How many different ways can you style it like that? Well to answer that question: I have so many options that I definitely do not get bored, and today I want to show you some fun, different ways to style and wear your hair short.  
The most obvious way to wear a short cut is all down.  I wear it with a bang which helps to give it a different look, a little edgier, and sometimes I do without the bang and that is a completely different look.  I have highlights in my hair which helps to create depth and give a slightly choppier, more layered look when my hair is straight.  To create the straight look, When my hair is wet I spray in a root boost, (I like Big Sexy Hair), and use a round-brush to style which helps create volume.  I part my hair very far over to the left side and I blow dry my bangs and hair forward to create the heavy bang.  Then I take my flat iron through just a few pieces to create different textures.  Finish the style with a shaping wax, (I like bead head shaping wax), tease the top a little and spray with hair spray to set style.  For the curly look everything is the same except I use a 1/4 inch curling iron all the way through, alternating directions to give a more natural look, and using a 1/4 inch wand in the front to help keep the length looking a little longer.  To keep the bang I curl the front towards my face.  Finish my scrunching with your shaping wax and spraying with hairspray to finish look.  
Another thing you can do is add a head band or other hair accessories to immediately spice up and change your look.  You can try it with straight or curly hair.  I wear mine with bangs, or you can put your bangs back using a headband Like in the picture below.  You can use bobby pins to pin your hair into an updo, giving the illusion of long hair. as seen in the following pictures. I also like clip in accessories like flowers.  



Another way to change up a short hair cut is to play with different methods of pinning your bangs back. (As shown below) I like to wear the front "poof" or "Pompadour"  to keep my bangs back.  When doing this look, tease bangs and pin hair straight back with bobby pins that make an "X" shape.  Also I like to do braided bangs and twists.  When doing this use bobby pins that are pushed in towards your braid or twist.  I wear this with curly, straight or wavy hair as seen here.  To get the wavy look use a three barrel curling iron, a 1/4 inch wand, or you can use a flat iron and rock it back and forth moving down the shaft to create a wavy look.  Finish by spraying bang area with hair spray. 
A fun way to create the illusion of length and break away from the traditional look of the bob is to wear your hair half up.  I wear mine with or without bangs which also gives two new, different looks.  I tease back and pin the hair in the back.  I wear both curly and straight depending on what I feel like that day, or what goes best with my outfit.
Here are a few more creative ways to wear your hair half up. 
I am in love with the short pony! super cute! You can wear with bangs, without, braid your bangs to change it up.  Tease crown area and pull into low pony tail.  

Hair extensions are always an option to create length as well.  Quite a few of my clients have clip in extensions which give you the opportunity to wear your hair both short and long.  Giving much more variety and leaving you fascinated with your hair instead of bored.  Short hair also draws more attention to your face giving you the opportunity to really play up your makeup.  


Follow me on Pintrest-My board "Hair" has a ton of tutorials on styling short hair.  



1 comment:

  1. we provide excellent quality Hair Extensions at reasonable prices. With a variety of hair textures to choose from, we pride ourselves in the ability to service a wider range of women. We are committed to selling the highest grade of virgin human hair extensions.

    ReplyDelete